Sunday, 16 October 2011

Web Slide Shows

I recently took a look at a slide show with no audio (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/indycar-driver-dan-wheldon-1318803621-slideshow/adds-name-driver-dan-wheldon-transported-medical-helicopter-photo-205533376.html) where I was able to take a look at Dan Wheldon who passed away today during a catastrophic collision involving fifteen Indy cars. The slide show was somewhat disappointing. I was expecting to see more shots of him racing, on podiums, and see more of what he has done. What i got instead was a compilation of him on the same podium and weird candid shots of him in the pits and with his family. Then there were two pictures of the actual crash which sports-center has been playing on a loop non-stop. The actual footage is more powerful than the pictures anyway. Finally they show Wheldon being put on a stretcher into a helicopter and the helicopter Med-Flight in the air around the stadium. I think there could have been more in the slide show to show what kinds of accomplishments Wheldon had secured over his racing career. Also a more descriptive caption would have been appreciated for most of the photos.

In this slide show I had audio as well which i didn't expect to add a lot of depth to the piece and it did not. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/week6.htm) It was a simple music track to entertain your ears while you watched a series of pictures. If it were natural sound relating to the actions depicted in the pictures FOR EXAMPLE: the crunching of pads, whistles blowing, the crowd cheering, the ball sticking to gloves; it would have been substantially better.

Any photo gallery has a ton of photos. I went to my cousin's photo gallery that he uploads and maintains on facebook, this album was of the season opener for the defending champion bruins. It had a lot of shots of the game, where the seats were, and as the teams were lining up for the national anthem. The best picture was the one of the banner once it was raised, and of course all the traffic leaving: something not seen in Vermont.
-7-

No comments:

Post a Comment